BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF KINDERGARTEN YOUR CHILD SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
· Recognize 26 of the 52 letters out of order (this includes upper and lowercase letters)
· Independently identify and say at least 10 letter sounds
· Recognize and independently name all of the letters in his/her first name.
· LeapFrog videos, games, and learning “toys”
· Search anything from "letter songs" and "letter sounds songs" on YouTube
Some great letter song videos come from the search "Have Fun Teaching"
· Find preschool storytime and event schedules along with checking out books to bring home at the local Oceanside Library