OPEN ENROLLMENT/INTRADISTRICT TRANSFER (School of Choice)
The Oceanside Unified School District Board of Education maintains its commitment to provide educational choices to families to meet the diverse needs of all students. The district's Open Enrollment Intradistrict Transfer Board Policy 5116.1 is regulated by space availability.
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR INTRADISTRICT TRANSFER APPLICATIONS FOR 2022 - 2023 IS JANUARY 10, 2022 THROUGH MARCH 31, 2022
- If your child is currently on an Intradistrict Transfer and will remain at the same school next year - there is no need to reapply.
- If your child is entering transitional kindergarten, 6th or 9th grade, you need to apply for an Intradistrict Transfer for the following school year if you want your child to attend a school other than their school of residence.
- Only applications received during Open Enrollment will be considered in the random assignment process for Intradistrict school placement. This is not a "first come, first served" situation. All applications that are date stamped within the Open Enrollment period are given the same consideration within their priority categories.
- The Open Enrollment period for the 2023-2024 school year is January 10th 2023 through March 31st 2023.
- Online Intradistrict Transfer application forms will be submitted electronically this year. However, paper applications will still be available for families without internet access and will be available upon request.
- Paper applications are available at OUSD Educational Support Services, 2080 Mission Avenue, Oceanside, CA 92058
- Parents will be notified by the end of May (subject to change) of the decision, either by email or mail via the address provided on the application. Please note, due to high traffic and phone call volume, staff will not be able to return calls regarding applications. Therefore we ask that you please DO NOT call to check on the progress of your application.
- Transportation is not provided for any student approved for Intradistrict Transfer.
- There will NOT be an appeal process for Intradistrict Transfers. These transfers are approved on the basis of space availability at the school of desired attendance.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee enrollment in the desired school. The School Board has approved a random and unbiased process to determine individual selection rankings. Placement will depend on space availability at the desired site.
For questions or concerns regarding Intradistrict Transfers (other than application status), please contact:
Educational Support Services, Student Services Department
2080 Mission Avenue, Oceanside, CA 92058