Advisory Committee Board
2022 - 2023
Next Meeting: April 20, 2023 4:00pm - 5:30pm
- The advisory committee assesses specific areas of the CTE program and makes suggestions and recommendations for improvement, such as curriculum modifications, updates to facilities/budget/student competencies, purchase of new instructional materials and equipment, or adoption of a new safety protocol.
- Secondly, the committee helps the instructor(s) and/or administrator carry out specific activities. These activities may include judging competitive skill events, setting up a scholarship program or working to identify and arrange meaningful structured work-based learning opportunities (WBLs) for students in the program.
- Lastly, the committee promotes the CTE program throughout the community and strives to improve the relationships between CTE educators, business/industry partners, and/or the community. Promotion or marketing could include talking to legislators, speaking for career and technical education at board meetings, writing articles for local newspapers or obtaining media coverage for special events.
We give many thanks to Katieann Henkel, past CTE Counselor, for her contribution to the Oceanside Unified School District CTE Program in which the development of the Committee By-Laws and Handbook's 1st Edition was published.
PARTNER WITH US
Partners participate in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Presenting as a guest speaker
- Providing an industry tour
- Providing student/ teacher job shadows
- Assisting with equipment training
- Providing teacher professional development
- Participating in service learning projects
Advanced Classroom Technologies
Empowering Today's Teachers with Technologies of Tomorrow
First Robotics Competitions combine the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology
Hyatt's Downtown Oceanside 5-Star Resort
Downtown Oceanside 5-Star Hotel
A local marketing and printing company
Creating the future of digital media
Building Leaders for a Resilient World
MiraCosta Technology Career Institute