What are Peachjar E-Flyers?
In an effort to “go green” and to help make the process of distributing community flyers easier for our district staff, OUSD is now utilizing Peachjar, an e-flyer distribution service. Flyers that were once sent home to parents are posted around school sites are now available to parents through Peachjar on their school websites and delivered electronically to parents' personal email inboxes. This “green” initiative will help save tons of paper, reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars, and provide more direct communication for our families and outside organizations.
Guidelines for Distributing Online Flyers
Guidelines are set by the district to ensure that all individuals and groups receive equal consideration in the determination of access to the flyer distribution system. These guidelines include:
1. With the exception as authorized by the Superintendent or designee, an organization requesting use of the flyer posting capabilities must provide proof of being a qualified nonprofit organization in good standing with the California Secretary of State and/or Internal Revenue Service.
2. The organization requesting the use of the flyer distribution system must be the lead organization hosting, managing and collecting any fees for the event and therefore must have proof of its own non-profit status.
3. Flyers must adhere to one or more of the following categories: recreational, educational, charitable, or artistic interests of the school community or the discussion of matters of general or public interest.
4. Flyers must be in compliance with existing federal and state laws or regulations, and District Board Policies and Administrative Regulations.
5. Flyers must be translated by the distributing individual or group from English into the second language of the school community, as appropriate.
6. Flyers must not interfere, conflict or compete with the educational programs of the District and must not disrupt the daily operations of the District or school instructional program.
7. The District does not permit the distribution of flyers for commercial purposes or purposes unrelated to the District's educational mission.
8. The District will not permit distribution flyers which promote the following:
a. Discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other unlawful consideration, whether actual or perceived.
b. Violence, or perceived violence, of any kind
c. Lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous information
d. Consumption of alcoholic beverages or the use of illegal drugs and/or narcotics
e. Gambling, games of chance or other related activities
f. Promote, or perceived promotion, of any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure
Organizations: Register and Share Your Flyer
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be e-mailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers will no longer be accepted at OUSD school sites.
2. Go to the Peachjar website
3. Register as: Enrichment Provider (account type)
4. Upload your flyer
5. Wait for district response for approval
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
NOTE: If you are a parent group from an OUSD school, these instructions do not apply to you.