Hello SeaGator Families!
My name is Jen Hughes and I am so thrilled to introduce myself as your Assistant Principal of San Luis Rey Elementary School!
As I sit and write this message to all of you, I am brimming with excitement and anticipation for the great school year ahead. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you throughout the school year. Here are 5 things to know about me:
- I have been an educator for 26 years.
- My husband is an art teacher and we have 3 children plus a sweet black lab named Delilah.
- My husband and children are all taller than me so I am now the shortest in my family (besides Delilah!).
- I have worked as a teacher and administrator at schools all over the world... Russia, Indonesia, Jordan and China.
- On the weekends, I love to go for a bike ride along the beach and watch sunsets.
As we get to know one another over the coming year and the years to come, you will learn that I am a very authentic and open leader. I invite you to take a moment and come and talk to me about any ideas you have or opportunities you see to make San Luis Rey Elementary an even better place for our families, staff, and students.
I look forward to partnering with YOU and our fabulous staff, families and students of this amazing community, for an absolutely fabulous academic year.
Yours in Learning,