A local school wellness policy is a written document of official policies that guide a local educational agency (LEA) or school district's efforts to establish a school environment that promotes students' health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
Below are some examples of what can be found within our OUSD Wellness Policy.
- Commitment to high-quality ingredients in our meals
- Diverse and culturally sensitive offerings in our menus
- Prioritizing local food and produce when possible
- Commitment to student's mental health and well being
- Physical activity and education