Oceanside Unified School District is funded by local taxes. However, due to the large federal presence in our area and the tax exemptions available to federally-connected personnel, businesses, and agencies; OUSD is eligible to apply for Federal Impact Aid funds.
Impact Aid is a federal program designed to assist local school districts that enroll federally connected students.
Federally connected students are those whose guardians:
- Work on federal property or Indian land
- Live on federal property or Indian land
- Are active duty military personnel
The impact Aid Program funds are used for a wide variety of expenses including purchasing computers and equipment, teacher and aide salaries, and special enrichment programs. Everyone benefits from this survey.
Last fiscal year, over $3,000,000 was added to our general operating budget.
Impact Aid forms will be sent via DocuSign for your student on November 2, 2021 and can be electronically signed in a matter of minutes. Paper forms are available upon request. Your assistance in completing the Impact Aid survey form is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Cathy Roldan at 760-966-4013.
How can I help?
- Complete an Impact Aid form electronically for each child in your family starting November 3, 2021
- Sign and date the form
- Paper forms can be requested and returned to your child's school or mailed to Fiscal Services attn. Cathy Roldan
- Impact Aid overview from NAFIS
- Impact Aid overview from OUSD
- Card Instructions Power Point